Welcome to the Promoting Employability through Social Solidarity Economy – EmploySSE project
The central idea of the project is to implement and promote the framework of Social Solidarity Economy (SSE) in Vocational and Educational Training (VET).
The vision is a comprehensive training and professional development of younger generations, which integrates alternative socioeconomic models in their framework of ideas and attitudes.
Although a lot of work has been done on the positive social effects of SSE, less attention has been paid on the positive effect that SSE has on employability, when today, the SSE sector provides paid employment to 6.3% of the working population in the EU-28, compared to 6.5% in 2012.
Furthermore, the project understands VET and especially CVET as a tool for social change: VET could prepare students for a broad occupation within loosely defined vocational streams rather than workplace tasks and roles associated with particular jobs.
Scope & Objectives
The project has a threefold scope and related objectives:
- First, to make SSE a visible and familiar concept to the labour market with regard to social inclusion, employability and sustainability while introducing elements of competence profile of SSE VET -Trainer.
- Second, to provide VET trainers with innovative teaching methods and tools by implementing alternative pedagogical experience (SSE in training).
- Third, to empower trainers and therefore trainees with new approaches, skills and competencies coming from SSE in their attempt to enter the labour market.
“This approach and challenges should not be addressed locally or even nationally but at a European level (and if possible, taking into account an international approach). In this framework, the different cultural backgrounds (essential in SSE), national frameworks for Qualification (essential for VET) are brought together and work as a synergetic field.”
The project seeks to integrate SSE concept, methodology and content in the vocational education and training system.
- A VET Trainer’s Guide on SSE (skills, competences, knowledge, learning outcomes).
It will introduce the SSE occupational area to VET system by developing a particular toolkit needed to VET trainers.
- A common package on VET training modules for the inclusion of SSE.
The modules will offer increased knowledge and innovative methodologies in order to deliver more comprehensive and inclusive curricula.
- An advocacy paper for the inclusion of these VET training modules in VET curricula at national and European level.