VET Trainers guide
This Output is, in fact, a VET Trainers’ Guide on SSE (skills, competences, knowledge, learning outcomes). It will introduce the SSE occupational area in CVET system and particularly manual needed to trainers.
The guide will provide trainers with knowledge, skills and competencies that will enable them to effectively prepare curricula, specific modules, assessment and training evaluation. Furthermore, it will examine suitable methodologies according to the need analysis implemented at the preparation phase of the project. It will be used to also inform and motivate the development of the modules (02), designed and created as instructional materials for use in entrepreneurship development through training. Therefore, it will give trainers the background knowledge, skills and practical experience to provide SSE Training and technical assistance to social entrepreneurs’ communities, as well as to other relevant stakeholders.
It will actively facilitate learning by applying what is known about how social entrepreneurs learn to enhance the trainer/trainee experience as knowledge of how to work with social entrepreneurs is essential to effective training and mentoring. The mentoring process will involve knowledge acquisition, application, and reflective supervision. The guide will describe collaborative learning relationship between SSE and their trainers and mentors who share mutual responsibility and accountability for helping a mentee work toward achieving clear and mutually defined learning goals.
Furthermore, a crucial aspect of the guide will be the competence-based checklist. The competence-based checklist for trainers on SSE will include two different types of competences:
- competences associated with the training of adults and
- competences associated with the theme of social entrepreneurship.
The competences will be presented as statements of what a trainer should be able to do, in order to be qualified as an educator for SSE. The Competence based Check list is meant to be a tool for self-assessment of educators that aim to train and/or support social entrepreneurs. The checklist will be organized in the format of a table with a list of competence, thus can be used not only as a tool for self-assessment but also as an integrated tool for the development plan of the educators.
Train the trainers
The main target groups for this Intellectual Output are: VET providers, trainers, consultants and indirectly SSE organisations. This Guide (that can be also identified and understood as a Train the Trainers Toolkit) will prepare VET trainers/coaches/mentors to deliver the following tasks in relation to SSE:
- conduct a training needs assessment;
- develop detailed plans for training;
- conduct training using more advanced training techniques;
- conduct training follow-up and evaluate training.
- Qualitative data collection at the national level regarding SSE and VET system, mechanisms, actors.
- Increased knowledge and tools in SSE for VET systems; access to innovation and provision of new offers in VET systems; augmented attractiveness of VET curricula for the new and current public.
- New skills, competences and knowledge regarding SSE; Full Training Modules used for their teaching and everyday practices (e.g. targeted advocacy for Career Advisors).
- Increased access to VET which integrates contents on SSE; enrichment of their professional profiles; augmented attractiveness of CVET system as education and training high-quality choice.
After following the guide, trainer/coach/mentor candidates will be able to:
- explain the topic and the social entrepreneur profile and put it into practice;
- use effective instructional methods;
- deliver the training and technical assistance components of the Social Entrepreneurship training system with fidelity;
- fulfil the responsibilities of a certified SSE trainer.