VET Trainers guide
Download/Read the Output in English
Download/Read the Output in Greek
Download/Read the Output in Italian
Download/Read the Output in French
Download/Read the Output in Croatian
Download/Read the Output in Czech
The VET Trainers’ Guide introduces the SSE occupational area in the CVET system. It is a manual that is of particular need for trainers in the field. It provides trainers with knowledge, skills, attitudes and competencies that will enable them to effectively prepare curricula, specific modules, assessment and training evaluation on Social Solidarity Economy (SSE) topics. Furthermore, it examines suitable methodologies according to a needs’ assessment in the field. Therefore, it will give trainers the background competencies to provide SSE training and technical assistance to social entrepreneurs’ communities, as well as to other relevant stakeholders.
It will actively facilitate learning by applying what is known about how the trainer/trainee experience is implemented, given that knowledge of how to work with SSE organisations is essential to effective training and mentoring in the field. The mentoring process involves knowledge acquisition, application, and reflective supervision.
The guide will describe a collaborative learning relationship between SSE and their trainers and mentors, who share mutual responsibility and accountability for helping a trainee work towards achieving clear and mutually defined learning goals.
Furthermore, a crucial aspect of the guide will be a competence-based checklist for trainers on SSE, which includes two different types of competences:
- competences associated with the training of adults and
- competences associated with the theme of social entrepreneurship.
Train the trainers
The main target groups for this Intellectual Output are: VET providers, trainers, consultants and indirectly SSE organisations. This Guide (that can be also identified and understood as a Train the Trainers Toolkit) will prepare VET trainers/coaches/mentors to deliver the following tasks in relation to SSE:
- conduct a training needs assessment;
- develop detailed plans for training;
- conduct training using more advanced training techniques;
- conduct training follow-up and evaluate training.
- Qualitative data collection at the national level regarding SSE and VET system, mechanisms, actors.
- Increased knowledge and tools in SSE for VET systems; access to innovation and provision of new offers in VET systems; augmented attractiveness of VET curricula for the new and current public.
- New skills, competences and knowledge regarding SSE; Full Training Modules used for their teaching and everyday practices (e.g. targeted advocacy for Career Advisors).
- Increased access to VET which integrates contents on SSE; enrichment of their professional profiles; augmented attractiveness of CVET system as education and training high-quality choice.
After following the guide, trainer/coach/mentor candidates will be able to:
- explain the topic and the social entrepreneur profile and put it into practice;
- use effective instructional methods;
- deliver the training and technical assistance components of the Social Entrepreneurship training system with fidelity;
- fulfil the responsibilities of a certified SSE trainer.